The bane of my existence these days has been the tiny little burrs I find while winding thread. This last week I’ve been winding and winding and winding some more. I’m hoping to actually get around to some actual dyeing of thread sometime this weekend. In the meantime, I wind lots of thread and end up cutting out lots of these little burrs so that my skeins can be as perfect as possible. They’re probably not actually perfect, but they’re as perfect as possible, so I’ll be happy with that.
I should have taken a picture of my new awesome swift and the way I’ve set it up with a digital counter to track the skeins as I make them. I feel like this week I’m finally getting organized with the thread dyeing and I’m very excited about that.
Lots to do before Shuttlebirds. I still need to take the pictures for the instructions for one of my classes, but otherwise I’ve got all my instructions in to Patti, so I’m feeling slightly more relaxed about the teaching stuff. If I get around to taking the time to get all my samples together into one place and ready to go then I’ll really be able to relax. Once everything for the teaching is done I’ll get to spend my time getting things ready for vending. Since no one is “counting” on me for anything there I can take it a little more easy and just get done what I can get done without stressing out.
Four weeks till Shuttlebirds! Can’t wait!