Just finished going back and redoing those last three rows on the doily. It is definitely working better, though I’m not sure it’s at 100% yet. There’s still some ruffling going on. I’ve put the doily under a stack of textbooks and am hoping that will be enough blocking to make it lay flat. It’s been pretty crinkled up in my tatting bag for the last week so that probably wasn’t very good for it.
If that works, I’ll continue on with the last row. Though to be honest, I really think the pattern looks fairly complete now. The last row is just a double row of rings-only done with a single shuttle and I think it has a bit of a different look than the rest of the doily. The solidity of the rows I just finished make for a nice finish, I think. On the right is the picture from the book of the finished piece. It will be interesting to see how mine turns out!
This was just a test run with some size 10 DMC that I had laying around. The next step to redoing this pattern from the Priscilla books is to do it once more in Lizbeth (probably size 20) and write out the pattern as I do so. Then on to playing with my new diagraming program and seeing if I can get it looking nice.