Moving from California to Seattle means that I finally got my tatting somewhat sorted out. Well… not really. But at least it’s all contained in one place now. The process made me realize just how many unfinished projects I have started. I used to be pretty good about finishing what I started, but then again, I also didn’t use to have so many shuttles making it so easy to start new ones before the old ones were finished. Since I’m starting to feel like my study schedule is under control I’m going to dive into a goal I’ve been wanting to set ever since I got moved up to Seattle. In an attempt to sort through the UFOs (UnFinished Objects) I’m going to attempt to finish project every week. Some of these projects will need more tatting, some just need the finished piece to be sewn up or the ends to be hidden.
This week’s project was to decorate this summer dress. I added the edging a while back, but almost immediately afterwards managed to get a couple spots of bleach on it. So I made these flowers to cover them up. I used the motifs from the Star Doily in Priscilla Tatting #3 which has become my go-to pattern for a round motif. The smaller ones are simply the center part of the full motif. I had the tatting finished a few weeks ago, but this week I finally got them sewn on the dress. Now that I’ve got them on there I’m thinking they look a little sparse so one of these weeks I may “restart” the project and add some more, but for now I’m calling it finished.
One project down. Seventeen to go. Wish me luck.